Sunday 6 December 2009

Climate Change

.
A new poll suggests that 50% of people in the UK are unconvinced about climate change and, if pressed, I’d probably side with them.

Like most other people, I know very little about the things that affect climate change, but it occurs to me that shipping hundreds of politicians and their entourages, along with a variety of so-called experts, to the Summit to be held in Copenhagen next week doesn’t seem to be very climate-friendly.

Among many other things, we are told to switch off unnecessary lights in our houses. Does my switching off a few lights help to compensate for shipping all these people to Copenhagen by first and club classes and then putting them up in expensive hotels? Does my using less electricity or gas help to compensate for the damage to the climate done by President Obama, worthy man though he is, who will use a couple of 747s to get there and be accompanied by hundreds of his own people as well as the presidential car?

I very much doubt it.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment