Sunday 2 January 2011

Shockingly Bad Taste

I am squeamish in the extreme and hate any television programme involving medical matters. If I had my way, I’d insist on a warning announcement being made before any news segments showing things like folk being given flu injections or having babies, etc.

The Discovery Channel was to have aired a documentary ‘re-enactment’ of the official autopsy on Michael Jackson who died in June 2009 at the age of fifty from a prescription drug overdose. This is obviously not a programme I would have watched. But I was interested to see, however, that the programme has been ‘postponed indefinitely’ because legal proceedings against Jackson's physician commence shortly and also at the request of the late star’s executors.

I have to agree with those who said that such a programme was ‘in shockingly bad taste’, and I wonder why money was spent on making it in the first place.

Perhaps to make a lot of money?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment