Sunday 29 November 2009

Wife Trouble?

.
I was sitting in my car outside a supermarket last evening waiting for my wife who was inside doing some shopping.

A car screeched to a halt alongside me and the driver got out shouting loudly to his partner, ‘This is not the moment to discuss this!’ He slammed the door shut and walked away. Then he returned to the car, whereupon the couple began a most furious and violent argument which went on for five or six minutes.

I couldn’t hear what this couple were arguing about but I heard the woman twice shout those words we men sometimes hear from our partners, ‘Will you stop and listen to me for once!’ The argument finished when the man got out of the car, slammed the door and walked way into the distance. As he left, the woman got into the driving seat and shouted after him, ‘I’m going to take your car and smash it!’

As she drove away I never found out whether she did smash the man’s car, but I thought of the incident this morning when the television news reported that Tiger Woods was found semiconscious in his car yesterday after smashing into a fire hydrant and a tree. The police, who are still waiting to interview him, said that his wife smashed the rear window of the car with a golf club to help get him out.

Hmmm.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment