Friday 20 August 2010

Nice Work If You Can Get It!

.
‘If I couldn't make a difference anymore I'd go off and do something else,’ Gordon Brown said in a television interview just before the General Election. ‘Sarah and I might do charity or voluntary work, I don't want to do business or anything else. I just want to do something good.’

But now in an exclusive interview with the Spectator it is reported that Brown has asked a leading after-dinner speaking agency to find speaking engagements for him at a rate of $100,000 a night. Plus five-star hotel accommodation, a first-class flight and three business-class flights for others travelling with him. Sarah could also accompany him to some engagements for an additional $20,000.

So much for ‘charity or voluntary work’ if this is true. But it’s nice work if he can get it!

The question is: Does anyone want to listen to him?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment