Friday 22 October 2010

An Echo?

The Standards and Privileges Committee has published a document from a Tory MP who told them: ‘My blog is 70% fiction and 30% fact. It is written as a tool to enable my constituents to know me better and to reassure them of my commitment to [her constituency].’ She also said that, ‘I rely heavily on poetic licence and frequently replace one place name/event/fact with another.’

This disclosure came as part of a sleaze investigation that cleared the MP of abusing the Commons expenses system but found that she had ‘misled’ voters.

The Commissioner said that the MPs blog, ‘gave information to its readers, including [her] constituents and party supporters, which provided a misleading impression of her arrangements as a Member of Parliament for the constituency’.

MPs, 70% fiction, 30% fact, poetic licence?

Is this an echo I hear?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment