Wednesday 20 October 2010

Oops!

I was looking for a document the other day that I knew I’d filed somewhere for safety. The problem was that so safe was this place I can’t find the wretched thing.

A lot of other people have recently lost important documents. Like the more than 1,000 people who have so far claimed that they won last week’s £113 million Euro Lottery jackpot, including one Coventry pensioner who says that her husband dumped the ticket. Oh dear!

It’s not only individuals that can mislay an important document.

It seems that the good folk in Fiji who are in charge of its national archives have lost the Independence Order handed over to its ministers by Prince Charles in 1970. After five years of searching the records in various government departments, it was forced to ask for a photocopy.

With luck, once they get the photocopy someone will pop up and say, ‘Hey! I’ve found it!’

Meantime, I’m still scratching around looking for mine!

A bit like all those folk who reckon they won the Euro Lottery last week but lost their tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment