Tuesday 19 January 2010

Airline Woes

.
It is reported that one of the best airlines in the world, Japan Airlines, is to file for bankruptcy protection. How very sad that this fine airline has come to this pass but it, and other airlines, have been affected by the state of the world economy and decreasing passenger numbers.

My travelling days are over but I have very fond memories of travelling with JAL. The courtesy of their cabin crew and level of service were beyond anything I experienced with other airlines and, since I love Japanese food, I was perhaps spoiled.

It is to be hoped that the airline’s restructuring will enable it to rebuild and once again stand as one of the world’s best airlines.

Meanwhile, British Airways which is also suffering from increased costs and a downturn in passenger numbers now faces another strike vote by cabin crew unhappy about the airline’s cost-cutting measures.

I know little about the grievances of the cabin crew but, given the state of many airlines at this time, have some sympathy for BA, which lost over £400 millions last year, which said that they would not allow the union to ruin the airline.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment