Tuesday 12 January 2010

What’s Inside Your Lunchbox?

.
The Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health reports that only 1% of primary schoolchildren's packed lunches meet the nutritional standards set for school meals in England.

Half of UK children eat a packed lunch and, despite the government’s drive to make children’s lunchboxes healthier, the Journal found that that crisps, sweets, and sugary drinks still dominate over fruit and veg.

What a surprise!

I’m off to a couple of meetings today and will be taking my own packed lunch of a sandwich, a bag of crisps and a chocolate biscuit. To hell with fruit and veg!
.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Just happened upon your blog and thought I'd stop to say hello and even follow. I am a great fan of the lunchbox. To hell you say to fruit and veg? I say here, here! When you have a moment to spare, you're invited to visit my blog www.samwich365 where sandwiches are KING. I'd be honored to have you visit/comment/follow. Keri (a.k.a. Sam) www.samwich365.com

    ReplyDelete