Friday 26 February 2010

Just For Starters!

.
Now and again politicians say it as they see it, as did Nigel Farage, UKIPs leading MEP during a debate in the European Parliament on Wednesday.

His attack on the EU President was quite remarkable:

‘I don't want to be rude, but you know, really, you have the charisma of a damp rag and the appearance of a low grade bank clerk.’ ‘The question that I want to ask and that we are all going to ask is: who are you? I had never heard of you; nobody in Europe had ever heard of you. I would like to ask you, Mr President: who voted for you?’

And that was for starters! Wow!

Unsurprisingly, the speech has provoked a furious reaction in the European Parliament as well as in Belgium, the home country of the EU President.

I might be quite wrong, but it seems to me that the questions posed by Mr Farage are reasonable ones and I’d be interested in the answers, supposing that some are given!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment