Monday 15 March 2010

Odd Jobs

.
Now and again it’s good to ignore all the dire newspaper headlines and look for the stories that raise an eyebrow or make one laugh. This morning I spotted two articles calling for folk to sign up for unusual jobs and they definitely have raised an eyebrow.

The first job is paying a salary of nearly £24,000 for being a couch potato. It seems that a company that produces a weight-loss product is looking for someone who will eat an extra 500 calories a day in high fat meals such as Chinese takeaways, fish and chips and pizzas and sit around doing nothing. ‘It’s the ultimate work from home job,’ said the spokesman.

I reckon I could do this job but, since the position has already been advertised through the national JobCentre network, I imagine that I’d probably be at the back of the queue of at least a million and a half other people!

The second job I spotted was a voluntary one and so doesn’t pay any money. But if you are willing to spend your evenings in a haunted mansion and act as a guide to those who cough up some cash to be there with you, this might be the very job. Built in 1585, Plas Mawr House in Conwy is home to a bunch of ghosts, three of which like to walk around now and again. There are ‘cold spots’ even in summer.

I’m not too fussed about this particular job. I have enough frights just reading the morning papers, let alone travelling to Conwy for a few more!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment