Tuesday 23 March 2010

You’re Sacked!

.
History of sorts was made last week when a sixteen year old girl, who lost a ten pound note when running an errand, was sacked via her Facebook page from her Saturday job in a Greater Manchester café.

It’s an inappropriate use of a social networking site to dismiss someone like this. And what about the possible breach of employment regulations? My interest though was focussed more on the misspelt and ungrammatical exchange of messages.

From the manageress of the café:

'hiya (name) its (name) from work. sorry to send u a message like this but bin tryin to ring u but gettin no joy. I had to tell the owner bout u losin that tenner coz obviously the till was down at the end of day. she wasn't very pleased at all and despite me trying to persuade her otherwise she said I have to let u go. I'm really sorry. If u call in the week with your uniform i’ll sort your wages out. Once again I’m really sorry but it’s out of my hands. (name) xx’

The young girl’s response:

‘mum been to papers, she totally disgusted with what the cafe done to me I offered t paay it back I was sorry and not to be given a chance well I hope you loose loads of custom and the word will get round ... wish I never left (another) cafe .nyway’

I wonder what it cost to educate these two women?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment