Monday 22 November 2010

Good on Yer, Widders!

I confess that I can’t stand the dance contest, Strictly Come Dancing, and never watch it. However, via the newspaper reports, I have kept up with the antics of Ann Widdecombe who has had the four judges consistently growling at her poor performance.

I quite like Ann Widdecombe who I thought was a voice of sense when she was an MP, and was disappointed when she was not elected to the Speaker’s Chair. I think her strident quips would have brought the place to good order.

Ann stood down at the last election and was then brave enough to expose herself to ridicule on this dance contest that seems to have quite an audience. Such is the size of her enthusiastic followers that she has been repeatedly voted ‘in’ despite the judges wanting her ‘off’.

You have to admire her tenacity and also humour. As our Aussie cousins would say, ‘Good on yer, Widders!’
.

No comments:

Post a Comment