Monday 6 September 2010

So What?

.
I have never been interested in spectator sports. I don’t know why this is and, perhaps, someone out there will offer a view on what they may feel is a disability of some sort.

Cricket, especially, seems to me to be akin to watching the paint dry. I don’t understand the rules, the action is irritatingly slow and many of the so-called players stand around looking bored half the time. Similarly, I don’t quite understand all the fuss about the Pakistani players who are alleged to have rigged the game. Rigged what, for heavens sake?

Nonetheless, one’s attention constantly keeps being drawn to the subject of cricket and/or its players in the last few days. This morning brings news that the Pakistan one-day Captain has said that one of his team-mates, who recently gave a press interview, has a mental age of 15 or 16 even though he is in his thirties.

So what, I would ask? If six- and seven-year old boys can play cricket on the beach or the heath, why not a man with the mental age of fifteen?

In any event, the game is still akin to watching paint dry so far as I am concerned!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment