Friday 10 September 2010

A Wet Fish!

.
A report by a private investigator commissioned by a Conservative MP on his relationship with his local party is said to have pulled no punches when it told him that senior members considered he: ‘works very hard not to give an opinion. He sits on the fence on every issue and nobody knows where he stands on anything. He is a wet fish and is constantly wriggling on the political issues of the day.’

In my working days I came across a similar personality to the MP in question. He was exasperating in the extreme and would express no views of his own, countering any direct question with another question. I often thought he was a sad character for, whatever was under discussion, he would carefully weigh up the consensus and then agree with it. There were, I must admit it, times when a group of his colleagues would deliver a consensus for him to agree before confusing him totally by going in the opposite direction.

I often wondered if this poor soul was the same out of the office but, as he finally saw the light and left, I never found out.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment